Once you have made the decision to install video slot machines in your establishment, you are ready to find the right terminal operator (“T.O”) that will fulfill all your needs. Although this step is challenging, finding the right Illinois terminal operator is crucial. What should you look for in an Illinois terminal operator? Why are they important? What is a terminal operator!?
Yes, let’s begin with that.
A terminal operator, according to the Illinois Video Gaming Act, “terminal operator” means an individual, partnership, corporation, or limited liability company that is licensed under this Act and that owns, services, and maintains video gaming terminals for placement in licensed establishments, licensed truck stop establishments, licensed fraternal establishments, or licensed veterans establishments. To sum it up for you, an Illinois terminal operator handles everything related to the actual VGTs: collection of money from the VGTs, maintenance and service of the VGTs, and paying a licensed location its share of the revenue.
If you are new to the video gaming industry, you may ask yourself, “What should I be looking for in a Terminal Operator?”
Your Illinois terminal operator is your new business partner. So, when meeting with a potential Illinois terminal operator, ask questions that are important to your business operations once you begin video gaming.
Here is a brief list of questions you should consider asking:
- How often will the Illinois terminal operator visit your location once you go live with video gaming? Do you have an account manager you can call whenever you have a question about the machines or video gaming in general?
- What ideas do they have for set-up and location of the VGTs?
- How often are collections done? What is the process for the collections team (e.g. what time will they come in, how discreet are they)?
- What does their preventative maintenance program look like? Will they service the machines on a regular basis? How long will it take for a technician to come out and fix a machine that goes down?
- How often will you get paid out? Will you have anyone to fully explain your revenue statements to you?
- Do they have an optimization strategy for your specific, unique business?
Researching your choices between Illinois terminal operators should not be overlooked. Here at Lucky Lincoln, we strive to provide the best services and partnership in the business!
For more information on finding the best Illinois terminal operators, visit https://illinoisterminaloperator.com.